Satisfy your sweet tooth with these decadent no bake cookie dough bites. They’re easy to make and so delicious.
Raw cookie dough is a polarising treat; some love it some don’t! I definitely love it. If you love it too, these edible chocolate chip cookie dough bites will curb your cookie dough cravings!
They’re safe to eat and use heat-treated flour and no raw eggs. I like to press the dough into a loaf pan and slice it into cubes; it saves the hassle of rolling individual balls of cookie dough.
Find the ingredient amounts for these no bake cookie dough bites listed in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. Here is a rundown of what you will need for this sweet treat.
- All-purpose flour. This will get heated first.
- Butter. This can be salted butter or unsalted butter.
- Soft brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Salt – enhances flavor
- Vanilla paste or extract – the flavor base.
- Milk – Loosens the cookie dough.
- Baking soda – The cookie dough doesn’t need this for rising, but it’s what will make it taste like authentic cookie dough.
- Chocolate chips – I like using mini chocolate chips because the chocolate is more evenly dispersed. You can use regular chocolate chips too.
Heating the Flour
To eliminate any potentially harmful bacteria in raw flour, heat-treat the flour using either the microwave or oven method:
- Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between intervals until the flour reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Allow the flour to cool completely before using it in the recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the flour evenly on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, ensuring the flour doesn’t brown.
- Let the flour cool completely before using it in the recipe.
Heat the flour, then let it cool. Once cooled, whisk in the baking soda and salt.
Whisk well to remove the lumps in the flour.
Cream the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and mix well.
Add the heat-treated flour and milk and mix until a soft dough forms.
Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Press the cookie mix into a lined loaf pan and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes until chilled and firm.
Alternatively, place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Once chilled, remove it from the loaf pan and cut it into little squares.
Optional chocolate dip: You can turn these into cookie dough truffles. Dip the chilled cookie dough squares in melted chocolate and let it harden in the refrigerator.
Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The edible cookie dough bites can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Replace regular butter and milk with vegan butter and milk for a dairy-free option.
- Substitute the sugar with coconut sugar or maple syrup for a refined sugar-free alternative.
- Use almond or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour for a different texture and flavor.
- Add peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips for different flavors.
- Stir in chopped nuts, dried fruits, or crushed cookies for added texture and taste.
- Add in almond extract in place of vanilla for a different flavor.
- Stir through some finely zested orange peel for a chocolate orange flavor.
- 160g (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 113g (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) soft brown sugar
- 50g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 120g (3/4 cup) mini chocolate chips
- Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between intervals until the flour reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C). Then allow the flour to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the baking soda and salt and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Cream the butter and sugars until smooth in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix well.
- Mix the heat-treated flour and milk in until a soft dough forms. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie mix into a lined loaf pan and place in the refrigerator for around an hour until chilled and firm. Alternatively, place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the loaf pan and cut it into little squares once chilled.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
This is an informational estimate only. I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist