Chewy white chocolate chip and pumpkin seed cookies, full of buttery texture and flavor.
These cookies are thick and chewy full of buttery flavor. Sweet morsels of white chocolate chips and crunchy green pumpkin seed give the cookies extra texture and flavor.
About These White Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- Texture - Thick, chewy with a slight crunch from the pumpkin seeds.
- Taste - Rich and buttery. A mixture of brown and white sugar add the right amount of warmth and moisture.
- Time - This cookie dough is easy to mix together but it does need at least 2 hours of mandatory chilling time before rolling and baking the dough.
The Chocolate and Pumpkin Seed Cookie Ingredients
- Butter - Melted butter brings flavor and brings out the chewy texture.
- Sugar - Brown and granulated sugar for flavor and texture.
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour + corn starch - A little cornstarch softens the flour and improves the cookie texture.
- Baking soda + salt
- White chocolate chips
- Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Does Cookie Dough Need to Be Chilled?
Yes. Chill the cookie dough when using a large amount of melted butter like in this recipe. Skip the chilling step and the cookies will spread too much and puddle together in the oven. It needs to chill in the refrigerator until the butter has stiffened up - a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight.)
Roll the cold cookie dough into balls. Use about 1 - 1 ½ Tbsp worth of dough per ball. Bake the rolled cookie dough balls or freeze them (unbaked) for up to three months.
Baking the Cookies
Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes until the edges are golden but the middles remain soft. This slight under baking ensures they stay chewy.
Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for around 5 minutes before removing and letting them cool further on a rack.
Looking for more cookies?
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Double Ginger Cookies
- Chewy Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you made these? Tag me and let me know!
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 100g soft brown sugar, packed
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g white chocolate chips
- 50g pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them together into a shiny and soft dough. Stir through the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) regular oven and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Roll cookie dough into balls (about 1-1 ½ Tablespoons of dough). Place the dough balls 3-4 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges with soft centres. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to further cool.
Cookies keep well at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Unbaked cookie dough balls or baked cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g