This no-bake graham cracker crust is the perfect base for no-bake desserts. It's so quick and easy to make using only three ingredients!
A no-bake graham cracker crust is a quick and easy way to make a crust for a pie or cheesecake without the need to bake it in the oven.
The crust is made from graham crackers and a little sugar, and it's held together with butter. It has to be chilled after it's made. This is so that the butter firms up and acts like the glue that holds the crust together.
- Graham crackers - I use honey maid graham crackers
- Confectioner's sugar - For a no-bake crust, I prefer confectioner's sugar, as granulated sugar can leave a grainy texture.
- Melted butter - this can be salted or unsalted butter.
See recipe card for quantities.
This makes enough for a 9inch pie pan or cheesecake pan.
If you are looking for a no-bake graham cracker crust for a 9x13 pan, use 1.5x the recipe.
Add the graham crackers and sugar to a food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
Blend in the melted butter to create a thick and crumbly mixture.
Alternatively, if you don't have a food processor, manually crush the crackers instead.
Add the graham crackers to a large Ziploc bag. Seal it and bash the crackers until broken into a fine crumb. Add the graham cracker crumbs to a medium bowl with the sugar and pour over melted butter. Stir into a mixture that looks like wet sand.
Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, springform pan, or cheesecake pan. Use your fingers to press it in and around the edges.
For a clean look, use the back of a spoon to smooth it out.
Place the crust in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or the freezer for 20 minutes before filling it with your favorite no-bake filling.
You can add spices to the graham cracker crumbs to add extra flavor, or use a different cookie all together!
- Biscoff cookies - Biscoff Cookies can be used instead of graham crackers to create a spiced crust. Use around 200g (26 cookies) like in this cinnamon butterscotch pie.
- Digestive cookies - if you can't find graham crackers in your area, you can use digestive cookies too. They absorb a little more butter, so you might need around 20g more.
- Brown butter graham cracker crust - Adding brown butter to the crust will boost its flavor. If browning your butter, add an extra tablespoon to account for the moisture that will evaporate.
This crust is nice and firm when chilled, but cutting the first slice can be messy. Once that first slice has been cut, the rest should be easier.
No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust
This no-bake graham cracker crust is the perfect base for a no-bake dessert. It's so quick and easy to make using only 3 ingredients.
- 165g (around 10 ½ sheets) graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 85g (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Add the graham crackers and sugar to a food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
- Blend in the melted butter to create a thick and crumbly mixture.
- Alternatively, manually crush the crackers if you don't have a food processor.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, springform pan, or cheesecake pan. Use your fingers or a measuring cup to press it in and around the edges.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth it out for a clean look.
- Place the crust in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or the freezer for 20 minutes before filling it with your favorite no-bake filling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
This is an informational estimate only. I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist
Leave a Reply